With the new Windows 8 Update disk, it is almost impossible to preform a clean install to a formatted Hard Drive. So try this the next time.
- From a Formatted Hard Drive, install Windows 8
- Once WIN8 is loaded and ready to go, ckick the Windows Key and type in “REGEDIT” and press Enter.
- Goto “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE/” and open the “MediabootInstall” key.
- Change the value from 1 to 0.
- Exit Registry
- Click on the Windows Key again and Type “CMD”, and then right click on the Comand Prompt Program and select “Run as Administrator”
- When the Command Box opens, tpye “slmgr /rearm” and press Enter.
- After it completes, Restart the Comptuer.
- When Windows comes back up, activate Windows.